The foundation bears the load of the building and distributes the forces evenly over the subsoil. Failures in renovation can lead to severe damage to the building, which may require demolition. This is why regular checking by foundation repair near me services can help minimize damages.
Renovating church foundation: Prevention of building
Like any building, the foundation needs mandatory preventive measures. Thanks to them, you can significantly extend the life of the building, as well as delaying the reinforcement and putting it in the right order.
It is recommended to pay attention to the following “pain points”:
- Before building a foundation, be sure to use geodetic and geological services to determine if it is possible to build a residential building on a particular piece of land.
- In no case do not deviate from the requirements of the technology. Do not use a binder solution that does not match the design, a brick with other hygroscopic properties, do not save on the components of the concrete mixture.
- Do not make changes to the plan of a church building. This can change the application of support points on the foundation and redistribute the weight load of the main building.
- Do not neglect the construction of an upholstered cushion under the foundation, drainage ditches and waterproofing. For the long-term operation of the building, you should not save on this work.
- You must do all communication before renovating the foundation. The use of these measures after construction can lead to improper shrinkage of the entire building, and therefore the appearance of cracks and the destruction of its base.
Renovating church foundation: No renovation without an appraisal
Before the renovation, an independent expert or a competent specialist from a renovation company must assess the situation. Water, a sagging subsoil or an insufficiently dimensioned foundation are possible reasons. The procedure is different depending on the cause.
How to strengthen the old church foundation
Today there are several techniques that can be used to strengthen the old worn foundation of the church. Take advantage of the latest technological advances. However, this doesn’t mean you don’t have to use methods that have been tested through time. All methods have their advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, their selection should be carried out very carefully, taking into account the characteristics of the technology and the required requirements.