Some fun (?) facts to think about. These are taken and rewritten from Ludwig Von Mises’ book “Bureaucracy.”
The 5 rules of bureaucracy:
1. Maintain the problem at all costs (this is the basis of power and job security)
2. Use crises and perceived crises to increase power and control
3. Convince public that the agency exists to meet universal needs of public
4. Control the flow and release of information while feigning openness
5. Demonize the truth tellers who call the agency out on its inefficient and ineffective functions.
Our Federal Government and our individual states are becoming more and more bureaucratic. They have mastered the five rules. This is why the environment in government cannot be changed from the inside.