Firstly, I (C.Jay) apologize for the short hiatus of this podcast. After we recorded this, I was suddenly swamped with work and other things. Immediately following that, I had some computer issues that I needed to fix. I had to start over on the editing of this particular episode. I finally got everything back together and am ready to proceed.
Today’s episode is on free trade and responding to the various arguments that we hear everyday in the media and we expect to hear more and more during the present election cycle. Especially by outspoken and dogmatic protectionists such as Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders, showing the clear partisan contempt for freedom, markets, and competition.
Here are some of the things we mentioned on the show.
- Adam Smith’s Wealth of Nations
- Ludwig von Mises on Exports and Devaluation
- A Closer Look at China’s Currency Manipulation
- The Humanity of Trade by Frank Chodorov
- “A Petition From the Manufacturers of Candles, Tapers, Lanterns, sticks, Street Lamps, Snuffers, and Extinguishers, and from Producers of Tallow, Oil, Resin, Alcohol, and Generally of Everything Connected with Lighting” by Frederic Bastiat (Satirical)
To download, click here.